Monday, April 9, 2012

Cross Country Road Trip, Take 2

There are about 300 things I have been meaning to blog about because I have had a great couple of weeks, but the whole concept of moving to Reno has overtaken that. Those blogs will come eventually (maybe) but tonight will be the basic plans we have for our road trip out to Reno. The hope is that we will be able to go at a time that my parents can come. Kristen is also hopefully coming, so we will have a fun group and lots of drivers! 

Day 1: Drive to Chicago

We may leave a night early and sleep somewhere outside Chicago to spend more time there. Chicago is a destination I have always wanted to go to (unlike most other stops along the way) so we want to make sure we get to see a few sights. Millennium Park looks incredible, I certainly want to touch one of the great lakes, and there are some great parks that have a lot of history from the World's Fair way back in the day.



Day 2: Drive to Omaha

We probably won't get to Omaha until late in the night, because Chicago will take a lot of time. If we get there in time for dinner, we will certainly go to the Old Market area. It is on the National Registry of Historic Places (or whatever) and seems to have great restaurants. I am actually super excited to go to Omaha (something I never thought I'd say..). 


Day 3: Drive to Laramie

After Omaha there is Medicine Bow National Forest. Looks AMAZING. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of anything in Laramie, so we will take our time exploring this part for a few hours. We won't mind getting into Laramie later at night and just waking up and leaving the next morning. There were so many impressive pictures of this forest, it was hard to choose.


Day 4: Drive to Salt Lake City

I found out when we drove to California that I loved Utah (another sentence I never thought I would say). Salt Lake City has always seemed amazing to me. I am not Mormon/religious (but I do love Sister Wives) but it seems like an interesting city.


Thanks for the collage, Wikipedia...


Day 5: Arrive in Reno

I could probably write about 50 things that have us excited about Reno. I probably will one day. I considered putting up a picture of Lake Tahoe, because we can't wait to be close to that, but I wanted to do something actually within Reno. Before this whole thing started I didn't know a single thing about Reno. I probably thought it was some little town in the middle of the desert, but I'm not really sure what I thought because... well, I didn't think about it. I have found out that it is actually in the mountains, filled with ski resorts and golf courses. It has the Truckee River downtown, which people apparently kayak on a lot. It has great views and is a fairly short drive to a lot more than just Tahoe. We're suppperrr excited (and still scared).


This is the Truckee River and a waterfront park where people watch the kayakers, or at least that's what google is telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment