Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We're Moving to Reno?

Well, it isn't 100% yet, but Zach and I are most likely moving to Reno this summer. As most of you know, our company opened an office in Reno and we've been hoping to go eventually since we heard. We didn't initially plan on moving for at least a year, but for many reasons it appears that we will probably going in June, or July at the latest. I haven't wrapped my head around it entirely, but it's starting to sink in (more and more as I write this, actually..). We have yet to visit Reno, that will probably happen in May, but we would have to hate it for us to not go, and I can't imagine that happening. I think the main thing that will shock me is that its a much smaller city, and I've never lived in a small city. 

How do I distract myself from the scary part and remind myself of the awesome part? Planning the trip out there. Hmm, seems like California all over again. So far, the drive out there seems amazing. Shockingly, going all the way up to Chicago is actually the fastest route. I've always wanted to go to Chicago, so we plan on taking a few hours to explore. We will also end up going through Iowa City, Des Moines, Omaha, Nebraska, Wyoming and Salt Lake City (!) before getting to Reno. There are a few great places to stop on the way, including a town called Little America, and another called Wells. I'm sure Wells is pretty great. Even though by the time we go I'll technically be a Boyd (that just started sinking in as well). So far I'm super excited for Millennium Park in Chicago, the Old Market area of Omaha, Medicine Bow National Forest and Salt Lake City. 

I'm super excited for the road trip part, because we had SO much fun on the road trip out to California. So, here are a few pics from that trip:

New Orleans


BBQ in Austin, Texas

Missions in San Antonio


Sedona, AZ - one of our fave stops


Bryce Canyon, UT

Zion









No comments:

Post a Comment