Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not So Thin Mints

So, back to the "Thin Mints" Kristen and I made over the weekend. I found a recipe for cookies that were supposed to taste exactly like Thin Mints on Pinterest. I was pretty pumped. GS cookies aren't expensive at $4 each, but when you end up getting 10 boxes worth, it can add up. So Kristen and I decided to bake those and smores cookies this weekend to break in my mixer. Well, the Thin Mints ended up being much more difficult to make than we expected; it isn't that easy to coat the cookie pieces in a thin layer of chocolate, but it is definitely necessary to make them taste right. I would also recommend cooking them longer than expected, so they aren't soft at all (recipe calls for hard edges, I call for hard all over). Lastly, we think we would add more peppermint extract to the dough next time, or maybe to the chocolate that you coat it in. When we first tried them, we weren't impressed. However, the next day I tried them again (after they had sat out over night) and they were MUCH better. I think them becoming stale, and therefore more crisp, really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment