Monday, January 9, 2012

Special Delivery!

My KitchenAid mixer is here!! I have been counting down the days. Let me bring you back to the very beginning, because I know you care about this as much as I do! About 6 months before Zach and I got engaged, a friend of mine posted this mixer on her Facebook. I had never even though about mixers before, but as soon as I saw this... I wanted it. Once we got engaged, it was probably the first thing on our registry. Every time I would see it go on sale I would check it out, but knew I would never spend that much money on myself. Then this Christmas came. The most interesting man in the world/at my work (or so they say), Keith, asked me to make Red Velvet cookies for him. Zach had been searching for a present for me, so as I made the cookies I joked he could get me the mixer. I didn't want him to spend a lot of money on anything, so it was truly a joke. Then I came over and sat next to him and saw him looking them up online! I told him he wasn't allowed to get it for me, and I was glad I had seen him looking so he couldn't. I thought it was over after that (while secretly hoping it wasn't...). Christmas eve came, and we opened our presents early. Guess what I got!!! Woohoo.


So, why am I just now getting it in the mail? Well, Zach was able to find a beautiful apple green shade, even though stores usually only have white, silver, and maybe pink. He had heard it would be 6-8 weeks before I could get my coveted aqua blue color. Devastating. Then, Bed, Bath and Beyond didn't even sell my exact color that I wanted! Since that is where he got my mixer, and the Aqua Blue is a Martha Stewart shade, that should have been the end of the story. But have no fear! Someone had returned that apple green mixer to BBBY from Macys! They even had the required return sticker for Macy's on the box still. So we ran to Macy's, who took it back and said the mixer would be at my house within 5 days! I've been counting down the days ever since and...


Ta da!

Now... what to make first???

No comments:

Post a Comment