Saturday, February 11, 2012

Car Fanatics

Last weekend Zach, my parents and I went to the car show. We were primarily there to see the foreign cars, like Lexus and Audi. I personally ended up being more interested in the American cars, maybe because I didn't have high expectations so I was easily impressed. Just a couple weeks ago Zach, my mom and I went to the Lexus dealership to look for a new car for me or Zach and we didn't have any other kind of car in mind. After this car show, we literally went right over to the Jeep dealership because we fell in love with the Patriot and the Compass. We know we need an SUV (or at least a larger car) since we are going to have kids soon. We are pretty sure we will end up getting a Compass Limited, but want to check around a few other SUV options first. 

We also saw a ton of really cool concept cars. We had so much fun checking everything out, and the cars coming out in the next few years are very different looking. For example, one of the cars out this year, the Hyundai Veloster, only has 3 doors. It was so cool looking, and we totally would have considered it if we didn't want an SUV. Here are some of the cars we saw:

This was one of the first concept cars we saw, which I thought was cute, but it ended up getting blown away.

Look how tiny the trunks are on the Smart cars Fiat!
(Oops! Thanks Zach)

Hilarious.

Checking out one of the Wranglers, we didn't get a picture of me in my fave - the Patriot.

They had the coolest displays, showing the bottom of the cars or the engines.


Ford's concept car.

A car split in half to show safety features. I stole this picture idea (with a crash dummy) from a little boy.
He was a creative genius.

One of Toyota's concept cars.

We <3 Lexus. These were all on spinning platforms, hence the bad pictures.

At the end they had a lot of antique cars for sale, which were so cute. I decided that this was the one I wanted once Zach becomes a plastic surgeon and we're RICH!

No comments:

Post a Comment