Sunday, February 12, 2012

Party in Purcellville

Yesterday we (Zach, my parents, Connor and I) went out to Purcellville to check out the private dining options of a restaurant called Magnolia's. We had been there for my parent's anniversary last year and had so much fun. The restaurant is gorgeous and the food was delicious so I checked out their website as a wedding option a few weeks ago. When I saw their loft area I knew this could be a really good option for that, but still had a few concerns. We looked over all of their menus, and even though we liked their dinner and lunch options, we reallllllly wanted to eat pretty much every hors d'oeuvres they had. This was before we had decided to do a more casual wedding, so I didn't even consider that as an option. Once we decided to go that way, I knew Magnolia's was the place we had to visit.

Online they only show their loft and outdoor area as private options, but once we got there the event manager shows us a "banquet room." Let me start by saying that I hate banquet rooms. It sounds like such a typical wedding venue, without any personality. Well, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked in, because this room felt very cozy. At first we were considering doing the reception down there, but once we saw the loft we knew it was as perfect as I thought it was from the website. (We originally ate in the dining area downstairs, so we hadn't seen it in person yet) That was when Zach came up with the perfect idea to do our ceremony in the banquet room, and the reception in the loft. One of the things we love about using that area for the ceremony is that it has a nice stone fireplace. When my parents got married they used a restaurant as well, and did their ceremony right in front of a fireplace. We hadn't planned on doing that as well, but it just made Magnolia's even more perfect for us.

For picking the date, we had a few Sundays we were choosing between. Our first option was Earth Day (April 22nd) and as of right now it looks like we will be sticking with that weekend. We like the idea of doing it on Earth Day, and it just seems like a good time for us. Now we just have a LOT of planning to do, and I have to frantically search for a white dress I love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment