Saturday, February 25, 2012

Red Velvet Cookies

Every time I have made Red Velvet Cookies at work, I get asked for the recipe. Yesterday I made them because it was Zach's manager's birthday. I decided that this time, I should go ahead and post it on here. This is a seriously easy recipe, and having the mixer makes it even better. This is actually the reason Zach thought to get me the KitchenAid for xmas, because he was sick of having to help me stir when my arm got tired :) So here goes:

You need:
A box of red velvet mix
1 1/2 - 2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup flour
1 egg
2 sticks of butter


Edit: Zach thinks I should share how AWESOME these are with cream cheese frosting to dunk them in. He is right. Add that to your ingredients list.

After you preheat the over to 350, mix the butter until soft and fluffy. It is much faster/easier if you have let it sit out a bit to soften, but I rarely plan that far in advance. Once it is softened, it should look like this:


Then you want to slowly mix in the cake mix and the flour. I alternate between the two, but I don't think its crucial that you do it one way or the other. It is going to look pretty dry along the way.


Once it is all mixed in, add the egg and mix until that is fully incorporated. Then you can go ahead and form small balls of dough and start baking. *Note: do not make these right before heading out to an event, or anywhere that you don't want your hands to be stained red. Also, I apologize in advance for how ridiculously bad (worse than normal) the picture below is. I was about to shove them in the oven when I decided to grab the camera and snap a shot.


I have seen a few recipes recommend cooking these for anywhere from 5-10 minutes. I usually get to cook them for at least 12 minutes, so I recommend keeping your eye on them. They should look kind of crackly on the outside once they are done.



I have also seen recipes that call to use white chocolate chunks, instead of chips, but I find that the chips are much easier. They are seriously SO delicious and I get compliments from everyone that tries them. I have even had people offer to pay me to bake a batch for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment