Thursday, February 9, 2012

Okay.. For Real This Time

There are a couple of things I'm "for real" about this time. The first is that I will 100% start blogging more. The second is one of the main reasons behind that: Zach and I are officially (for real) planning our wedding now. I know, I know, you've heard it before. But this time, we realllllly mean it. Why? Because we want to have our wedding SOON. Like, in 2-3 months soon. I have mentioned a bunch before that I love the idea of a super casual wedding, because anything more than that seems stressful to me. Well, we have finally realized exactly  what that means for us. We still have some figuring out to do, but as of right now it looks like we will have a little ceremony, probably here at the country club or by the courthouse, and then head to a restaurant for cocktails and appetizers.

We love this idea for several reasons. First, we will be able to really enjoy ourselves and not worry about all of the details. There won't be very many details :) Second, we will be able to invite more people than if we did a full meal. Along with that, people will be able to come and go as they please, so they won't have to schedule their day around it. We also love that we will be able to have this wedding super soon, so the planning process will be short. Finally, and this is the real kicker folks, it will mean that we can have a baby soon. 

Zach and I have been talking about having a baby soon for a while, so the idea of waiting until fall to have the wedding just seemed like a lifetime. We aren't the type of people who think getting married before having a baby is necessary (or even better), but we figure if we can do it that way, we might as well. We are SO excited. 

The timing feels very right for us. For example, we had discussed it here and there with our families, but not as something that was coming up soon. My mom mentioned about a week ago that she was going to take photography classes. When Zach and I told my mom we were thinking of having a baby this year, she said that becoming a grandma was the reason she wanted to sign up for the classes. Also, for those of you that frequent Chinese restaurants and also happen to know that I was born in 1988, will know that I am a dragon. We recently read an article that Chinese families are trying very hard to have a baby between now and mid-May so that their baby is a dragon because it is a lucky sign. I am super lucky, so the idea of having a dragon baby is enticing. No, we don't really buy into the whole thing, and certainly won't be trying to get pregnant by mid-May for that reason (that seems a bit soon, but we shall see), but still. We like it.

So, now that I have two very exciting things to start posting about, I certainly will. We are checking out a restaurant this weekend as a potential location, so I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment