Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Nuts

With all of the warm weather periods we've had lately, I have a feeling spring is going to be coming very early this year (tomorrow should be 70!). So this past weekend I made one of my favorite snacks for cold weather, so I could get one last batch in while there is time. I have made cinnamon almonds and walnuts throughout winter, and I got a TON of walnuts for 50% off so I chose to make those. They are super easy, here's how:

Combine a cup of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1/4 cup water in your skillet.


Throw the nuts on top and start cooking! Make sure all of the nuts get covered in the mixture and stir constantly.



Eventually the nuts will start feeling like they are sticking together more and are harder to move around the pan. They will also start to look more dry:



Once it starts looking like the image above, just stir for about 30 more seconds to make sure all of the nuts are finished.



And them eat them until you can't anymore. They are always super popular when we have people over!

No comments:

Post a Comment