Sunday, February 26, 2012

Date Night: Hooked

My best friend Kristen is SO awesome at giving gifts. She has a great knack for finding things that people will really enjoy. This year, for xmas, she got me Zach and I a 4-course dinner for 2 at Hooked. We love sushi, and it doesn't get much better than Hooked. Also, she knew we would love to go DO something, rather than just an item. She was right - we had a blast. We rarely go out to dinner, let alone treat ourselves to such a nice meal. THANK YOU Kristen. Now, I just need to give her MY xmas gift (which has been sitting by the stairs from my room for 2 months now).

My 1st course: Spicy Yellowtail  and Seaweed Salad
Zach's: Calamari and Spicy Shrimp Tempura

Zach's 2nd course: Waikiki Roll (coconut shrimp inside)

My 2nd course: Sake poached, sesame crusted scallops

My 3rd course: Neptune Roll (tempura lobster tail!)

It deserved two pictures

Zach's 3rd course: Crab Cakes

And to finish it all of, we both got a Flourless Chocolate Torte and Tropical Tapioca
Well, Zach got 2 tapiocas, because I wasn't interested

And despite my kind and generous gift of sharing my tapioca with him, he still threatened to fling whipped cream at me.

But it wouldn't have been a normal night if he hadn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment