Monday, March 5, 2012

"Travelling Bride" Kit

I have seen a bunch of different kit gifts circulating the internet (and by internet, I mean Pinterest). None of them suited exactly what I needed for Hannah's bridal shower, so I created my own. I thought it would be perfect for her because she has to fly home to visit us since she lives in Cozumel with her fiance. I think it would be good with a few tweaks for other brides as well, if they don't live locally or for when they go on their honeymoon. I included a bunch of little things that would be great on the flight and for her to have one she landed, and threw everything into a carry on bag.

The majority of the bag's contents. I laid them out so I could figure out how to pack it all in. I also added a little string of Tootsie Roll pops "so her ears don't pop" during the flight.

I included a tank that matched her wedding color - lavender. I tied some purple ribbon around everything and taped on a little piece of card stock with a description of what it was for.

Apparently sunscreen is a luxury item in Mexico

I should point out that Hannah is my little cousin. Don't love buying her lingerie and VS gift cards! Vom-it. But I thought adding a gift card so she could get something more concrete for herself was important, since some of the things in here were just fun, small things.

I threw in a picture frame, but without a picture so she could use one from the shower. I also include some gummy candies (plus a bag not pictured here) that are her faves. The aloe socks are something I've always wanted, and I hate how cold and drying the air is on planes. Lastly, I think every bride on the planet loves VS's Sexy Little Bride collection, so I had to include one of those tank tops.

This was one of my favorite ideas. Since she is flying home to her fiance (and pretty soon her husband) when she leaves us, I thought it would be nice for her to have tiny little bottles of perfume that she is allowed to bring just for the flight. Best part? You can usually get these for free at Nordstrom.

The gorgeous bag that I packed it all in!

This was seriously the hardest part! Trying to get everything in there and actually looking decent takes a lot of organizing, and then reorganizing. I wanted to have some pieces laying over the edge (some of the lingerie and the tanks) and I also wanted all of my labels to hang out:




The bride digging through her gift.

Showing off some of the little parts (this was a little tub of Whipped Body Butter or something, which complimented the aloe socks so her hands didn't dry out!)

I think she loved the gift, and I got a lot of compliments on it. Hannah and her sister's said the gift perfectly described "me," which in my mind means that I am a total nerd with a lot of time on my hands! Actually, to be honest, it didn't really take me a ton of time, it just took a while to figure out what to include.


No comments:

Post a Comment