Saturday, March 3, 2012

56 Years

Today my grandparents are celebrating their 56th wedding anniversary. I am so happy that they are here to celebrate with us. They are such a perfect couple; I don't think it is possible for two people to love each other more than they do. We are all very lucky to have them as our family. 

My cousin, Hannah, who lives in Cozumel now is also in town visiting. She hasn't been back in almost a year so it was great to see her. We had such a great dinner of scalloped potatoes, flank steak and asparagus. I don't have any pictures of that because it was devoured way too quickly, but I can share some pictures of dessert! My grandma's favorite dessert thing on the planet is ice cream. Our first thought was to get them a cake, then we thought about an ice cream cake for her, and then we decided to do make-your-own sundaes. 

We gathered Milwuakees Frozen Custard, Girl Scout cookies, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, walnuts, strawberries and whipped cream and went to town. It was so perfect.



 We got my grandparent's started for them so they looked pretty :)


Todd and Jill

My Grandparents

My Dad and Dana, my aunt

My concoction: white choc chips, strawbs and the shortbread GS cookie

I think this picture describes my grandparents perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment